Tuesday, June 10, 2014

On Looking Back and Choices I Made





I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that my greatest contribution to this planet is most assuredly my Fab 4 children.
It was not for me to be a CEO of a fortune 500 company, or to go to Law School,  or to be a Missionary, but rather it was, to be a full time mom to 4 children.
  
I know some moms are able to do both,  (career and raising a family) I know some single mommas are forced to do both, but for this momma of 4,  both was simply not my choice. 
I'm really grateful that I got the choice. 
I have come to realize so much of life, really all of life is made up of choices we make.
When I was a young person getting ready to go off to college I derailed from the University I had chosen, and where I had been accepted and had scholarships. I made this choice for the sake of saving a buck and decided to go instead to the community college where I lived. 
I don't regret that choice because had I left I wouldn't have ended up with My Giant and then therefore we wouldn't have our 4 children.
Would I recommend to all the up and coming graduates to walk in my foot steps?
HECK NO!!
There is one moment in time where you get to have the freedom to go anywhere and do anything. 
 IF you have been given the opportunity to do something grand, expensive, and far away ...
TAKE IT!!
The time for this in your life might not ever come again, so GO FOR IT!!
If however you choose to take the safe and practical route like I did, know that there is glory in that too.
In this life we make choices, when we aren't honest about those choices we get into a state of being I like to call denial, and although denial is comfy some times, it's not healthy.
So,  may I suggest to just be honest about your choices when looking back.
I remember along the way making a conscience decision to choose my Fab 4 over career and other passions. It wasn't always easy, and still isn't financially, but I'm never going to regret this life choice.
NEVER.
EVER.
And then something like this quote comes along and confirms your life choice. 
"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do but ...
SOMEONE YOU RAISE." 
Andy Stanley
It's hard for me to even begin to imagine "The Kingdom of God" being changed or affected by my life choices, but somehow this quote resonates with me.
This quote gives my life purpose beyond what any paycheck or title could ever do. 
And it makes me think about my Fab 4 and how they have changed me as a person.
They have given me a gift beyond any other earthly token.
The gift of motherhood.
Although it's a messy, sometimes thankless, and certainly penniless job, it's my favorite.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Perfect.... I can relate!

No(dot dot)el said...

Thank you Julie, welcome to the 4 kid club ;)

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx