Tuesday, June 03, 2014

MoNoSco turns 19 years old

Today I get to celebrate a second birthday.
Well, technically the world calls this day my anniversary, but to me it feels like a second birthday.
It's MoNoSco's birthday today
and
I am 19 years old with this guy.
We got married June 3, 1995.

I remember when I was a 19 year old girl who got engaged to a 21 year old young man.
I told a young, 21 year old Moses,
"Won't it be SO cool when we have been together longer than we were alive apart from each other?"
And now this year marks that date for me. 
We have been together 20 years.
Married for 19 years.
Known of each other for 22 years.
That's A lotta years.
If you are interested in those years, the beginning years of our LOVE STORY you can read about them here; MoNoSco Love Story
Together our names make up Mo No Sco.
Moses+Noël+Scofield= MoNoSco

That's what he's etching on the wall at the old Genoa Bar.
MoNoSco...
It's a pretty great name if you ask me. 

It seems only right that our name should be etched in stone at the place we got married 19 years ago.
We didn't get married at that bar, but we were in Genoa NV 19 years ago at this time.

19 years ago on this day I was only 20 years old. 
Now, I sit here as an almost 40 year old woman and I can remember that day like it was yesterday.
I wasn't nervous.
I didn't have cold feet.
I was 100% sure that my commitment, promise, and covenant to Moses was one life choice I would NEVER regret. 
And I can honestly say, that after all these years I am beyond thankful for this beautiful thing called marriage.

We have had SO much fun together traveling along life's highways and byways, and low-ways.
There is still no one else I'd rather spend my day with and as I sit here and think about us and all the years that have gone by it fills my heart to overflowing that I have been lucky in LOVE.
I have been so very fortunate to grow up beside this man named Moses. 
Being married to him has taught me more than I could ever possibly imagine it would have.
And I have yet, to find a way to fully express how much I love him.
Good thing I have the rest of my life to figure out a way to do just that, 
but for now,

I think I still like the way Billy Holiday sang it on our wedding day 




Oh Happy Happy Day MoNoSco!!

No comments:

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx