Wednesday, May 07, 2014

About Being a Momma

Here's what I know so far about being a momma;

It truly is a privilege to be a mom. 

It has challenged me to the core of who I am.

I never thought that doing this much laundry was humanly possible.

I now know that my own mother is in FACT a Saint.

I will never find another role, career, life choice, hobby, or job as rewarding or as challenging as the one called motherhood.

I never realized how selfish I was until these 4 people came along to shine a light on that.

I can't begin to put in words what it feels like when I see smiles on these 4 human beings faces.


I could write a book about the things I find while doing the laundry.

Linking arms with other mothers whether they work outside the home or not is a necessity to succeed in this role. Seriously, the league of mom's is so vital and there is nothing like it under the sun.I'm so grateful for all the momma's in my life. They remind me I'm not alone.

I can't take too much credit for their success's or failures, because they are theirs alone.

I'm beginning to see that the letting go part of this gig is going to be by far the hardest part. Harder than dirty diapers, midnight feedings, drawings on the wall, flu infestations... etc.


Conversations while riding in the car, or around the dinner table, or at night before prayers... these are the only jewels these ears will ever need. 

There is no perfect mother, no perfect child, no perfect family, but realizing this brings about a unique kind of God given perfection.

I never knew how full of fear my heart could be.

On any given day I truly am required to be a doctor, lawyer, taxi-cab driver, psychologist, seamstress, artist, architect, superhero, advocate, chef extraordinaire, interior designer, and of course photographer. 


This journey that began for me 16 years ago is not a race, it's a life long marathon, and one that I hope to finish leaving a legacy of only one thing behind; LOVE.




2 comments:

Barefoot Hippie Girl said...

So, so true! I has stretched and grown and blessed me beyond belief!

No(dot dot)el said...

Bernadette- It reminds me of Elasta-girl from Incredibles. Sometimes you wonder how far you can be stretched!! And the blessings are unmeasurable in so many, many ways!

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx