Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Furious ... Not Really

Open your mouth and taste,
open your eyes and see how good God is.
Blessed are you who run to him.

Worship God if you want the best;
worship opens doors to all his goodness.
Psalm 34:8-9

This morning I woke up literally with a song on my tongue.
I'm the kind of gal who always has a song in her heart, but to wake up and sing lyrics to a song first thing in the morning for me is really rare.

Let me tell you why;
I'm not a morning person.
I stumble out of bed most days around 6:30 and I don't really talk until I have slept walked to the coffee pot.

You can ask my 4 children.
In fact check out this conversation that I had the other day, between my oldest daughter Emma and myself.
 

I'm not sure you can see what that mug says, so let me give you a better picture of my disfunction in the morning.


Funny right?
Well, as Corky Ramono would say;
"It's funny cause it's true"

I'm not proud of this behavior in the morning and I don't think for a second that I can't change. 
Trust me,
I have tried as the years have passed by with my children to modify this behavior.
  I do think I'm better, still you would never call me a chipper dame in the morning.
Ya prolly wouldn't call me a chipper dame ever anyways, but I just thought that sounded cute.

But this morning was different.
I'm not sure what I did to wake up so happy?
Maybe something I ate last night, or something I didn't eat?
Maybe the time I went to bed?
Dunno, but I wish I could repeat the way I felt when I jumped out of bed this morning.
I wish every morning could be like this morning, with a song literally on my tongue.

Oh... do you want to know the words to the song I was singing?
"He lavishes his love upon us
He calls us now his sons and daughters
He's reaching out ...."

Better than my writing the words why don't you take a listen and tell me this song wouldn't make you a chipper dame or dude in the morning?


linked up here

No comments:

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx