Wednesday, December 18, 2013

On Turning 39

Hello There Beloved Reader
Yesterday I turned 30+9. 
It kinda snuck up on me this last year of my thirties, and to be quite honest I had a bit of a melt down last week with My Giant. 

It was a low point of self-loathing and self-pity and frankly, just all around selfishness. 
I'm not proud about it, but I am aware I'm not alone in these type of moments.

My Giant handled it like a champ and patiently waited for the bubbling brook of tears to stop and then,
somewhere in the midst of my blubbering like a big Ba-foon, My Giant said, "Do you think this has anything to do with you turning 39?"
Sheesh... why does he have to be such a smarty pants!



SO of course I replied like any mature grown woman would and rolled my eyes, grunted and said,
"Psh... of course not!! Well... maybe just a little."

But really, I knew somewhere deep down in my knower, that all that blubbering did have something to do with turning 39.
My self awareness can be lacking sometimes.
Anyone else feel me on that ? 

Ya see, I seem to always get hot and bothered by the year that comes before the BIG year. 
So when I turned 29 I had a similar reaction, and of course now here I am doing it again.
There is a bit of a pattern going on here, thank God My Giant has been paying attention.

The thing is, that I really have looked forward to my 40's for quite some time. 
I have many women who have gone before me as a beautiful example of what 40's can look like and I've always thought that it's a decade of prestige, wisdom, and elegance. 
Or maybe that's what I've told myself as I've slowly crept closer to that year. 

All I know is that I'm going to Carpe The Hell out of the next 364 Diems and enjoy my last year of the 30's.

I know that my 40's will come with it's own set of joys and sorrows and if I have learned anything at all in this 30 + 9 years it's that each year is a gift to be celebrated.
LIFE... all of it,  the ups the downs is truly beautiful and not to be taken for granted.

I feel extremely grateful for this life and I don't want to waste a minute, not even a second worrying about wrinkles, and age spots, and varicose veins, and grey hairs...
Or.... 
wait...
remind me again what I was talking about?
Oh yeah, the key to a happy life...
Gratefulness.
Because no matter what there is always, always, always something to be thankful for.




5 comments:

Something Infinitely Interesting said...

You still look great, happy bday

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
No(dot dot)el said...

Thank you so much, that is very sweet of you to say.

Sarah {the fontenot four} said...

Love your post - of course!! I hope you had a wonderful birthday! Enjoy each and every day of 39!

No(dot dot)el said...

Thank you Sarah. I did have a great bday. And So far 39 has been pretty great!!

Blog design ©2012 Design by Alyx